8 No No’s on Work & Money – Ed Lapiz
Many people have the misconception that the bible merely talks about spiritual things when in fact it has answers to life’s most practical questions. It could talk about work, money, career and marriage.
Today, let’s see what it says about managing work and money. Here are some advice:
1. Do not deprive someone of what he deserves. Kindless delayed is kindness denied.
2. Do not be lazy. Do not support the lazy, because they’re encouraged to remain so. Brain cells are also renewed if there’s an intellectual challenge.
3. Do not cheat in business. People should get what they pay for. What you sow is what you reap.
4. Do not be a guarantor. If you’re ready to pay for something that you have guaranteed for, do so. If you will suffer, then don’t do it. If someone is sure about the right investment, he shouldn’t be extravagant because he’s better off investing the money than spending them. What you invest may just pay for his grand lifestyle. Those who like to promise are dubious.
5. Do not land grab. Do not take what is not yours. Do not grab credit if you don’t deserve it. If you know that it’s not a sincere invitation, don’t accept it. Don’t accept things from people who always keep score. Even if you are able to steal something, you won’t be given a chance next time. Often, we think it’s free, but we’re paying a high price. If nothing right is going, it might mean that you’re paying a price. It’s important to learn it so you won’t repeat it and continue it.
6. Do not exchange the truth for money. Buy the truth and do not sell it. If we go with the powerful and let the poor get oppressed, that’s a way of selling the truth. Plant first, do the right things first.